Medical Technologist (00020-EBW/LAB)
|Location:||East Bridgewater, MA|
|Benefits:||Medical, Dental, 401k with company contribution, PTO & more|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||THIS POSITION WAS PLACED ON HOLD FOR THE PAST SEVERAL MONTHS UNTIL OUR EASTON MEDICAL CENTER WAS OPENED. |
Originally, searching for an MT with Supervisory abilities. Wants straight MT with no guarantee of Supervisory.
Reports to the Lab Manager.
Position location: E. Bridgewater, MA 02333 (also work in new Easton Medical Center lab)
This is a full-time position.
- Monday through Friday.
- Hours: will be detetermined during interview process.
- could be as early as 7 AM start time
- could be as late as 7 PM end time
- with some weekend work.
Compass Medical is a fully integrated healthcare provider that offers high quality healthcare solutions from several locations south of Boston, Massachusetts. Compass Medical is affiliated with Partners Community Healthcare and offers outstanding patient care and technology within Primary Care, Urgent Care and Ancillary Care.
This position will be primary located within our 70,000 sf Southeast Medical Center in East Bridgewater. Some responsibilities will be within our new 42,000 sf Medical Center in Easton. In 2011, we will be opening a new 36,000 sf Medical Center in Middleboro.
|Duties:||This person is responsible for the performance of diagnostic analysis in specialized areas of all labs (multi-office practice) including point of care. Phlebotomy experience very helpful.|
Experience with validations and correlations of analyzers are required. Fluent in Microsoft software is required.
A strong applicant will be an experienced Medical Tech that has demonstrated related capabilities beyond their Medical Tech duties.
Straight Medical Tech Position.
- Prepares various body specimens appropriately for submission to core and reference laboratories for testing..
- Reviews lab reports and flags “reportable alert values” as defined by policy.
- Interacts with providers and staff to handle questions, resolve problems and interpret results when needed.
- Oversees reporting all results on a timely schedule.
- Performs qualitative and quantitative analysis of body fluids and related tasks in all lab areas using standard laboratory methods and techniques as established in laboratory manuals.
- Performs the QC for Point of care testing of various sites.
- Follows all established QC procedures.
- Ensures adequacy and completeness of lab data and QC recording on reports, worksheets and records.
- Differentiates acceptable from unacceptable results and takes appropriate action steps as necessary to resolve.
- Review and signs work done by medical technician possible.
- and more!
|Qualifications:||- Bachelor of Science in Medical Technology |
- 3 + years experience within a lab
- ASCP Certification is required
- Current/Recent specimen lab MT experience required
- Chem Beckman, istat
- Hemo: Sysmex and Beckman Coulter
* LIS system: Harvest
* On-site tests: All / exoteric are sent to Quest
- THIS IS NOT AN ACADEMIC or RESEARCH LAB.
- THIS IS A MEDICAL LAB FACILITY WHERE WE TEST VARIOUS PATIENT SPECIMENS.
- YOU MUST APPLY ON-LINE FOR CONSIDERATION.
- PLEASE, NO DROPPING OFF RESUMES.
- PLEASE, NO TELEPHONE CALLS.
- PLEASE, NO OFFICE SOLICITATIONS.
- PLEASE, NO EMAILING THE MEDICAL OFFICE.
362 North Bedford Street
East Bridgewater, MA 02333
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.